I have a cookbook called "Recipe Please- Favorite Recipes from Colorado Resturants"
This Chicken Piccata recipe is in it from the restaurant "Bella Ristorante". I'm a sucker for anything Italian so hoped that it would be delicious. I was never really sure about capers but I "ate them because I didn't want to seem picky" at a friend of my s-i-l's and actually liked them. They are really good here and there was no need to pick them out. Delicious and EASY chicken recipe. It's good reheated too.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin, seasoned with salt and pepper
FLour for dusting
1 T olive oil
1 t chopped garlic
2 t chopped onion
1 T fresh lemon juice
1/4 c white wine
1 t capers, drained
6 T butter
Dust chicken breasts in flour on both sides. Heat olive oil in saute pan on medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and chicken breast and cook chicken through on both sides (about 1 minutes one each side). Do not burn garlic. Remove chicken from pan.
Deglaze pan with lemon juice and white wine. Add capers and butter. Reduce for 1 minute. Taste and adjust seasonings. Return chicken to pan, coat each side with sauce, and place on serving plate with sauce.
Cook's tip: the secret to tender, succulent piccata is to pound the meat as thin as possible with a meat mallet or similar tool.
PS- Happy 100th post to me. Kind of crazy!

Made this tonight and it was super good. Had GF pasta with it and tossed it in. YUM.
ReplyDelete