It's been pretty busy around these parts. July and August were: 4th of July, week in the mountains with family, my birthday, my sister's birthday, Luke's birthday, family in town, baby shower, friends in town... all FUN. I've been traveling a lot for work and learning some new skills too which has been an adventure. I'll be blogging more about most of these soon but in the mean time... Depot.
.jpg)
Depot is a favorite pastime these days. It doesn't matter what we're going for, if anything at all. Any department will do. As long as there is a cart and places to turn it, Luke is a happy, happy boy. He knows where Depot is and if we're close to it. He knows that you buy wood, doors, flowers, paint and lights there. (We're in the middle of finishing a room in the basement.) While getting ready this morning, I realized that I had used my last roller cover (what are they called again?) when I repainted the basement bathroom earlier this week. I asked if they were going to go to (spelling it out) D-E-P-O-T since they'll go sometimes just to explore. While I realize now that "D-E" really does sound like the start of Depot, Bobby and I were flabbergasted when Luke heard me spell it and then his eyes got bigger, he had a big smile and said "DEPOT"? He did this recently with another word that I spelled, I think it was park? It never ceases to amaze me how fast he is growing up, learning, exploring and expressing!
I sing twinkle twinkle and another song that I made up that starts with "mama loves you" every night while I'm putting him to bed. Probably a little bit before his birthday, I was rocking him, starting singing them and he starting singing most of the words with me in his adorable little singing voice. I let him pick which song we will sing now and he'll start it. What the? You know how to sing? I need to get a voice recording of it.
Earlier this week we were either reading a book or counting cars and he starting counting 1-10. I would start and he would (most of the time) repeat the numbers up to 10. He doesn't like the number 3 for some reason. Again, what? You can count? I'm not sure when these milestones are "supposed" to happen but it's pretty crazy when they do for the first, second, third.... times!
No comments:
Post a Comment