This blog was promised a LONG time ago. I can't believe that it has taken this long to get it going. For that, I apologize. I thought the easiest way to get people up-to-date is to just make a list of what's happened in the last 9 months. (it's not everything and not necessarily in chronological order, although I'll try)
1. Decided to move to Denver- we wanted to start a family and wanted to do it in Denver. It was time to move onto the next chapter.
2. Bobby came to Denver for an interview, instead found a house.
3. Saw the house on Friday, made an offer Saturday, offer accepted on Monday, closing scheduled for 3 weeks later (the house is a foreclosure-- the reason we we got such a good deal and why had to hop in it, quick. Aren't foreclosures supposed to take a look time to go happen? That's what we were planning on...)
4. We packed up everything, rented our condo and Bobby drove the moving truck with Bama (our pup) as the navigator to Denver. I stayed behind in Chicago and lived for 3 months with my gracious, open-hearted friend, Kelly June.
5. We decided that after almost 3 months, we had had enough of being apart and decided it was time for me to move to Colorado. My last day, although incredibly bittersweet, at Mesirow was October 16th.
6. That same day, I found out that a job that I had been chasing (flew to Vegas for a 3rd interview 2 or so weeks earlier) was coming through. What a relief! We were willing to gamble it and just "make it work" without jobs but wow, that makes for a good last day.
7. I stayed in Chicago for another 5 or so days, to do the things that I've wanted to do for a long time and see the people that I grew so close for the last 7 years. I think I cried after every "meeting" I had with people, whether it was at dinner, a pumpkin patch, walking around downtown or just drinks, the tears were flowing. I'm not sorry for those tears- it just means that my time in Chicago was incredible. I met my husband there, made life-long friends and saw and experienced things that I couldn't do anywhere else. I am incredibly grateful for every minute I had there.
8. I started my job at Oracle exactly a month later. It was nice to have some down time to get reacquainted with Colorado, spend time with Bobby and my family and work on the house.
9. Paint- kitchen family room, dining room, master bedroom, master bathroom, laundry room, living room, office, powder room, 18' foyer, ceiling in kitchen and family room, woodwork in family room (fireplace, shelves, and cabinets)... all in about a month... really less, when I think about it. Not done yet, but painting is on hold for me.
10. So, started work November 16th, it was a transition for me but I really like it. I love my team and really like the work that I do.
11. Two weeks later... find out that I'm 6 weeks pregnant! Surprise! Baby A is due July 27th.
12. Have had what I think is a fairly easy pregnancy so far. No morning sickness whatsoever. An occasional minor stomach ache (which I've always had). Exhausted, but most of that was in the 1st trimester. That's about it! Right now, just always hungry and am starting to feel the expanding tummy!
13. We found out last week that we're having a baby boy!!! We were having our 16-week check-up and I saw a sign that said that the Dr's office offered a 16-week ultrasound. It was extra $ but SO worth it! So, MR. Allen will be joining us in July. We're so excited.
14. We're making a trip to Chicago at the end of March and a trip to Omaha in the middle of April. We're so excited to see everyone again and just have some quality time with some of our favorite people.
Here are a few pics to give you a sampling of our time in Colorado- this is just a sampling. There will be more pics later. After all, that's the best part of a blog! I'll try to post often- about Colorado, before and after pics of the house, what we're doing, how we're doing, how the pregnancy is going, etc. So, stay tuned!!
Our first time hosting Christmas dinner- Jon, Ann, Bobby, Dad, Uncle Bob, Mom
Bronco vs. Raiders game with Dad and Ann-- too bad about that loss :(
Trip to Frasier to cut down our first Christmas tree.
Our first real tree-- Cut it down ourselves!
Trip to Estes Park with Mom, Uncle Bob and Uncle Denny

Halloween-- hot mama.
Winter Park New Years Eve Ski trip with Karen, Brett, Rory, Tim and Mary
A "bump" pic from 2 weeks ago. I'll put up a current one later this week.

Woo hoo! I made the blog! We had such a great time and can't wait for the next ski trip!
ReplyDelete