Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fall is here!



3 weeks since my last post??? Time… where does it go these days? I’ve been feeling like I’m chasing my tail. I’m sure that most new moms feel that way but last weekend it really caught up with me. I want to spend every moment I can with our little guy but when I do, the rest crumbles (at least in my head). Well, this past week I started snapping out of it:

- I’ve wanted to plan meals at the beginning of each week so that every night we don’t ask the question “What are we having for dinner?” Thus frustrates me because I love to cook, love to entertain and love to try to make new things—but I haven’t found the time. This goal was made WAY before Mr. Luke was born. It’s probably been like this since I got back to Colorado. Well, my Mom came over last Sunday and we went through several cookbooks and made copies of recipes that are easy, tasty, quick and nutritious/balanced. B and I are going to try the new food plan next week. I cook two nights, he cooks two nights, 1-2 nights of leftover, 1 eat-out, 1 cook together or 1-2 mystery, etc. If this works, we won’t have to ask that question anymore, won’t have to go to the grocery every other day and we’ll be able to spend more time together with Mr. Luke! We’ll see how it goes.

- I finally organized Mr. Luke’s clothes. As I suspected, there were so many sizes that were mixed up. Really… not a big deal… but because he’s growing so fast he wouldn’t have worn half of these. Probably my OCD working but with that done I feel a lot better.

- I’m letting things go inside my head. There’s never going to be a time where everything is the way I want it to be or how I thought it should be. What’s most important is being together as a family and giving Luke everything he needs. The rest will fall in place, and if it doesn’t, who cares… no one probably ever did but me. Once I feel like we’re in a new routine with me working (I’m getting close) all will be well.

- Most importantly, I may not be super woman, but I can try to be super mom and super wife.


I started back at work a week ago. Things are running smoothly. Everyone at work has been great, I’ve been really busy which has made the days go by quickly and Luke has been doing great with everyone watching him during the day. I think that they’re each enjoying their own personal time with him too so that’s nice.

Luke updates:

- He’s graduated into size 1 diapers. His belly is getting pretty big, but still no butt ;)

- I’ve had to put away his first batch of clothes that are now too small. What a strange feeling. He’s not even 2 months old!

- He’s been wearing some 3 month clothes for several weeks now. Why is it that sizes aren’t universal (even for adult clothes). He is absolutely SWIMMING in some 3 month clothes and some are almost too small??

- He’s starting to smile more which melts all of our hearts.

- He loves being outside.

- We have out 2-month appt on Sept 24th. Can’t wait to hear his stats!

- He’s been sleeping 5-6 straight hours for a month or so now. But the past week we’ve had a few 7-hour sleeps! Wow, what an angel!



Random Updates: The garden went crazy this summer. We’ve had bowls and bowls of tomatoes (is there anything better than fresh tomatoes pulled from your back yard???), too many cucumbers to eat, peppers galore and enough basil to last a year.- We’re already thinking about what to plant next year:

- Only big tomatoes (and lots of them), the little ones (while delicious to pop in your mouth as you walk by the bowl) aren’t eaten enough.

- Corn instead of sunflower seeds. While the sunflowers are pretty for the few weeks that they’re in bloom, they aren’t producing the amount of seeds I thought they would. Bama's been loving watching the squirrels get to the flowers though. For the first time in over a year, she'll stay outside by herself!

- I would still like to plant pumpkins, but outside the garden. The 20 or so feet of vines are a little cumbersome!

- More herbs. I love being able to cut fresh herbs to cook with. It’s much better than buying the plastic container at the grocery store and then not using all of it.

- Peppers- B loves the jalapenos but the other pepper plants haven’t been as plentiful. We’ll try something else.



- We are SO ready for Fall! B and I both love Fall more than any other season. Love the crisp air, loving wearing a light jacket, love crunching leaves with my feet, love waking up toasty under the covers.

- We woke up this morning to rain for the first time )I think) since the Spring. Another reason to like fall... don't have to water the grass!

- I went to my 6-week check-up that only lasted about 20 minutes. Everything was good… except for when I returned to my car! Someone had rear-ended it. Yeah, someone rear-ended an empty parked car. And we’re not just talking a little dent, we’re talking a dent where the whole corner is pushed in, which pushes the bumper out over the tire which pushes the middle of the bumper up so that I can’t open the back end (it’s an SUV). No note, no witness, no video monitoring. GREAT! What is wrong with people these days??? Thankfully, resourceful B got it fixed within a few days. A whole new bumper installed all for less than what our deductible would have been. What a guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment