I grew up as a swimmer. I started when I was 5 and didn't stop competing until my senior year of high school. So, since Mr. Luke is still figuring out how to get everything to work together at the same time in order to crawl he's decided to stick to swimming.
I grew up as a picky, slow eater. My poor family had to sit with me at the dinner table until I would finish my plate. Eventually, they would put a timer on and I had to be finished by the time the buzzer rang. I was notorious for leaving food in my mouth just so I could leave the table. I've gotten better with my speed and picky-ness and am trying hard not to pass this on.
So, we're starting to be more adventurous with the food that Luke is trying. Up until now it's been fruits, veggies and cereals. Everything you read says that one of the signs that your baby is ready to try finger food is that they put everything in their mouth. Well, Luke has always done this so we've been waiting for him to reach a certain age and then we figured we'd try it. Well, before tonight, we had tried puffs and cheerios and he wasn't having either of them. He would "choke" even though it was still on the tip of his tongue. He keeps his mouth open with a constant flow of drool coming out until the "O" falls out. We tried it at Grandma and Grandpa's today when I picked him up so that they could see his reaction. Not only did he not eat it while we were there, but 20 minutes later (including a car ride home) it was still in his mouth. We've got some work to do! We tried yogurt and graham crackers tonight. The yogurt was a huge hit! He played with the graham cracker more than he ate it but at least he didn't seem repulsed
when it touched his tongue! In time... In time... Patience is a virtue (right Dad?)
Please don't make me eat this.
Helping Mama in the kitchen.
Rockin' my new pajamas

No comments:
Post a Comment