Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

One big 3-month old


Luke had his 3-month birthday today! What a big boy! It's hard to remember what life was like without him. He is the best thing that has ever happened to us. His smile makes us melt but now his laugh takes it to a whole new level.

I finally sent out Luke's birth announcement around his 2-month birthday. I thought it would be fun to show you the difference in his size. The wagon looks a lot bigger than it really is. The first photo was taken on his 2-week birthday and the second one was taken today.


Luke's Doctor told us that we should move him from his bassinet to his crib between 2 and 3 months. Dreading doing this, I waited as long as possible. Luke had his first night is his own room last Friday. He did great, MUCH better than Mama did. I'm doing better now- it was just a big adjustment since he was about 6 inches from me before. It's what he needs though so I'll do it. Luke's sleeping changed over the weekend which threw us for a loop. He got up 2-3 times and it took a long time for him to go back to bed. So... out came the Sleep book and what I nick-named "Operation Sleep" went into affect. It worked. He took great naps yesterday, slept 12 hours straight last night and woke up with a smile. Hopefully we'll keep on this schedule. It's remarkable that the more he sleeps during the day the better he'll sleep at night.

I can't wait for this weekend. Halloween! It'll be a whole new kind of fun though. Luke's first one and he's dressing up as lion! My Mom has been working on his costume and I saw it for the first time last weekend. It is SO adorable and I'm so happy that my Mom made it for him. A nice added touch to tell him about when he's older. I look forward to sharing pictures of him.

Earmuffs

Praying

More tummy time

Starting to drool

1 comment:

  1. Please post pictures of Luke in his lion costume as soon as possible - I'm so excited to see it!

    ReplyDelete