Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

How can it be... 6 months old!

Our little angel turned 6 months old today! To celebrate, Luke had his first taste of food (other than his rice cereal which has not been very popular). He loved it! I think that practicing the swallowing with the rice cereal really made it easier for him to eat his sweet potatoes tonight.


I really can hardly believe that he has been in our lives for 6 months already. I'm torn. Really torn. Although really impossible, I think that I love him more each day. He is just more and more fun to be with as he explores this big world that is here for him. But at the same time, I want to stop time. Freeze it so that he will quit growing up so quickly! I find myself thinking back to different times in the last 6 months that I want to remember forever.

Seeing him for the very first time. Having him placed in my arms and then realizing that my life had a new meaning, in a matter of a second. Barely sleeping at night in the hospital because I was anxiously waiting for the nurses to bring in my new bundle of joy to feed. Watching Bobby melt whenever Luke is in his arms- again from the second he was born. Bringing him home for the first time-- I went in first to greet Bama so that she wouldn't get jealous and then Bobby brought in Luke. Snuggling with him day in and day out for the first weeks and loving when he slept on my chest for hours. Realizing that he is a loud sleeper and that every little peep that he made wasn't him waking to feed but him just becoming more of "himself". Surviving the jaundice scare and feeling that we were even stronger as a little family. Watching him grow everyday- cheeks, belly, feet, legs, and smile! Seeing him "finally" reach his milestones and then having them become a normal part of "him" almost immediately- holding his head up, rolling over, sitting, holding his bottle, smiling, laughing, finding his hands, fake coughing, grabbing thing, etc. It was such a big deal for me to see him roll over. I let out a bit of a scream the first time he did it and he was so scared he started crying while Bobby and I were laughing. Now he rolls over and over and over and over when he's on his quilt. He just never stops!

So, while I have so, so, so many memories, I don't want to ever lose them. ANY of them.

I never knew what being a Mom would do to me. I always knew that I wanted to be one...but really, I didn't know what to expect. Being chosen to be Luke's mama is the best present I could ever receive.

I love you my Baby Luke.

1 comment: