Mr. Luke has had a lot of "first's" this week.
First weekend without Mama and Daddy. Grandma Chris came into town and had the best time with Luke. I'm so happy that they were able to spend some alone time together to just PLAY!





He can still fit in his orange seat but he's started to lean back too far and it looks like it's going to tip over so he moved into his big boy highchair.
Luke went from a lay down position to sitting up position for the first time yesterday. Because of this...
I thought that crawling was even closer. Well, I was right! Luke did 6 consecutive steps tonight! Before tonight he would get on all fours, maybe lift one leg to go forward but then fall onto his belly. I got him to crawl after a camera cord! We've got a little more child proofing left to do and we're anticipating a HUGE change in daily life now. No more stepping away for a quick second.
For the first time tonight, Luke put finger food in his mouth himself! I put some torn up pancake on the tray and he was stuffing it in his mouth. Strangely enough, during 9-month appointment today, the Dr. said that he would do it on his own, even though it was the same food that he refused to eat from our fingers.
9-month stats: weight: 19.1 3/4 (25%) Height: 28 1/4 (50%) Head: 47 (90%) He's up a little bit in weight but is otherwise the same as he was at 6 months as far as percentages. Development is great and everything else checked out perfect!
(I did two posts tonight... be sure to check out the one before this. Yum.)

No comments:
Post a Comment