Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Omaha, Rain and less than 100 days!

As I said in my last post, Bobby and I went back to Omaha. It was a busy weekend filled with a wedding, 2 baby showers and lots of family and friend time.

Brook and Nick got married on Friday night at St. John's on Creighton's campus. The ceremony and reception were beautiful and Brook looked incredible. All of us Creighton girls came back for the weekend so it was a mini-reunion of sorts too. It's been quite some time since all of us were together at the same time so there was a lot of good catching up and laughter. I got to meet my friend Noelle's baby, Sam, for the first time too. He's already 4 months so it's LONG overdue. He is adorable and so well behaved! As all first-time mothers can agree, it's nice to have friends/family that have recently had babies because they can tell you the do(s) (need) and don't(s) (need).

On Saturday, we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart to pick out baby furniture. There were so many options but we think we found exactly what we want. We're going to compare it to some Denver stores and then order it if we don't find anything that we like more.

After that I went to a shower that my friends Karen and Noelle threw. It was amazing. They had it at an Italian restaurant (my favorite food... thus Baby A's favorite food!) and did several thoughtful things that made it special. Everyone there wrote out some words of advise and they are putting that along with photos in a scrapbook for me. It'll be nice to have all of the advise in one place, especially when I'm feeling lost or unsure of what I'm doing! They had a cake (and cupcakes with the pea in a pod theme) with a "me" on it... pregnant girl, long curly brown hair. Cute! We got so many great gifts that we need to make us ready for when Baby A is here. I feel very blessed to have such amazing friends. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The next day, Bobby's Mom's sister's threw us a shower. It was amazing too. Another one of my favorite foods... brunch! We were again surrounded by so much love. I'm so happy that we got to see all of them and that they were able to see me with my belly! We were again spoiled with so many gifts and feel a few more steps close to being ready to take care of Baby A. We got more advise which is more than welcome, especially when it's from a real person that I know. I enjoyed being able to talk to everyone there and catch-up since it has been so long. His Aunt's were so thoughtful to throw it for us and again made us feel so loved. Baby A's favorite part... the sugar cookies!!! If you're ever in Omaha, you have to buy some cookies from "Kathy's cookie lady"... or at least that's how I know her! You have to order in advance though because she just makes them out of her house. I think I had 5 of them at the shower. He enjoyed every last bite though. In fact, I just remembered that I was sent home with some so I'm having a few more right now too! Thank you to everyone there. Your support means so much to us.
Now some quick little notes as this is taking me longer than I thought to write, upload etc and I've got some baby painting to do! :)

It has been raining off and on all week. I'm welcoming these April showers though... I want my May flowers! Since Bobby pulled out the ugly bushes in front and left me with a open canvas, my Dad offered to transplant some of his daises from his yard. He was able to do the work in between downpours. Just having SOMETHING there already makes it look better. I'm looking forward to early May when my Mom and Dad are going to help me plant the rest of the flowers and plants in the front.

Speaking of rain, today's weather was a bit crazy. It went something like this... wake up to fog so thick you can't see more than 50 feet in front of you, beautiful blue skies, rain, hail, wind, more sun, rain, tornado warning (we were moved to the kitchen at work), snow at home, more rain, and now just cold! All in one day... ohhhh, Denver weather! It's great for those grass seeds in back though!

As I mentioned above, I've gotten a little closer to finishing Baby A's room. Just doing the little decorations on the wall and then the walls will be done! I promise pictures once it's all finished.

Here's us from this past Monday, when we finished 26 weeks and started counting down in double digits instead of triple! (Less than 100 days?!?!?)

1 comment:

  1. It was such a wonderful weekend!! Miss you so much! xo

    ReplyDelete