Here's my 31 week picture from last week. That shirt is a bit more snug now!

As I've described before, the latest big project has been the backyard. I'm happy to report that the plan worked! The sod is taking and if it keeps growing as it is, we won't have to buy any sod. We took some before and after pictures so you could really see what I meant dirt patches. We bought a maple tree and a peach tree (crossing my fingers that we get some peaches in a few years!) and some bushes. We figured this was a good start for year 1. We'll plant more bushes and such next year. You can see my new garden in the last picture. I'm so excited for everything to start growing--- for my first year, I've planted 5 kinds of tomatoes, 3 kinds of peppers, pumpkins, cucumbers, basil, dill, parsley, cilantro, rosemary, sunflowers, sweet onions and arugula. Now that I'm writing this, it sounds like a lot but I was trying not to plant too much since I won't be actively gardening this summer. Next year will be even better!!
BEFORE
AND.... AFTER!
Baby A's room is coming along nicely. The furniture is placed and set up, his smallest clothes have been washed, all bedding and blankets have been washed, my Mom finished the cushion covers for the rocker (they look awesome!--- pictures once the room is done) and in general things are just starting to be put away. Bama likes to hang out in there now that there's room for her to lay down. All of the stuffed animals are "out of sight" though since she hasn't quite figured out what is hers and what is his.
We've been having good quality time with family and friends the last couple of weeks too. Grilling out, Ethopian food, playing soccer in the backyard (yeah, that didn't go so well once I remembered that I can't/shouldn't run... oops!), going out downtown and more. The weather has finally changed so it's been really nice. We're loving that Denver blue sky!
Have a great rest of your week!

Love all the pics! You look wonderful! I can't believe the difference in the yard! You guys have done so much - can't wait to see it in person!
ReplyDeleteKatie - you look beautiful! So glad to hear that everything is going so well there. We are thinking of you and Bob! :)
ReplyDelete