Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Home, home, home


Life is going to change a little bit for me starting tomorrow. I got permission from my boss to work from home until it's labor time (then I'll go on my leave- my plan is to work as long as possible). This is a huge relief for me and I am VERY grateful. Each day is getting a little harder and getting around is getting a little bit more rough. That and I would prefer to NOT be at my office when/if my water breaks. There are several personalities in the office (no one that I directly work with... or for that matter have even met) that have given me not so wonderful comments like:
"You look comfortable... ha ha" said in passing (wait, who are you?)

"I don't want to get to personal but you look like you're ready to pop!" (Again, what's your name? Mine is Katie, not so nice to meet you.)
I can't imagine what their reaction would be if my water did break there. I probably wouldn't hear the end of it. So, for several reasons I'm really excited to be able to work from my desk at home and have my feet propped up.
But then again, another person I hadn't met before said today: "wow, you can't even tell your pregnant from behind. You look great." So, there are many people that have been extremely supportive and for them I am very grateful. I guess there's going to be a mix where ever you are.

We installed our car seat bases yesterday and had them checked by the fire department today. We passed! I loved driving home with the carrier in the car. It made me feel really good!

I had another weekly check-up this morning and there's nothing new to report. Stay tuned to see if anything happens at next week's check-up!

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    You look great, and I am so glad you get to work from home that's awesome! I can't believe he is almost here, enjoy the quiet and your sleep now while you still have it!
    So excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete