
We had another Dr.'s appointment this morning. I'm now 50% effaced but I'm not dilated at all. She confirmed again that he is really low so he's putting a lot of pressure and that should help with everything. Although I'd like to go early, at least by the 27th, I have my doubts that it will happen. Maybe I'll just be pleasantly surprised!! I'm always telling the Dr. how he moves around SO much and today she got to really see it. She was measuring the length on my stomach (which is still where it should be) and listening to his heartbeat and he was going CRAZY! It was pretty funny. I think that he is perfectly content hanging out in there as long as he can.
I did a couple more projects in the last week (yeah, I'm not sure where the energy is coming from either because I'm really not feeling great... I guess I'm just tired of laying around. So, I do a little project here and there and then take a break and keep repeating the cycle).
Anyway, Bobby's step-mom gave me some homemade gifts at one of our showers and one of the gifts was a burp cloth. I thought they would be easy to make so I bought some fabric, made a template and whipped them out in a day. I'm really happy with them and think that little man will enjoy spitting up on them. Ha!

When I was still living in Chicago, with my friend Kelly, one of the last things we did together was go to a church rummage sale in Evanston. She goes every year and it was fun to be able to go with her and see what it was all about. I bought lots of different things but one of my best finds was an old vintage lamp. The lampshade didn't make it through the drive to Denver and the lamp itself needed some TLC but I had a "vision". I taped up the marble and crystal pieces, spray painted it black (while wearing my heave-duty face mask) and bought a new lamp shade online. I love how it turned out! I also spray painted part of a perfume tray that my Grandpa gave me several years ago. I haven't put the pieces back together but stage 1 is complete!

Some friends, Andy and Karen from Omaha, came into town last weekend. I wasn't able to do as much (away from the house) as I would have liked but it was really great to see them and spend some quality time together. We had another couple from Creighton, Chad and Meg over for dinner Saturday and Bobby was able to put up and use his new badminton set with everyone. Once it got dark and the birdies "died" everyone came in and we played some games (which I LOVE to do). It was nice for all of us to get together.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully one of the next posts will be some photos of us with our little angel.... time will tell...
I like how Bama is in a few of the shots. I would love to hear how she is adjusting to LUKE!
ReplyDelete