Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mr. Allen is here!

Luke Paul Allen was born Monday, July 26th at 12:30pm.
Weight: 8 pounds, 5 ounces
Height: 21.5 inches
Everyone tells you that when you have a baby, your life changes, that you never knew you could love someone so much. Well, of course they were right. We both can't imagine what our lives would be like now without him. And... it hasn't even been a week yet!

Luke has enjoyed being surrounded by so many people that love him. Everyone just can't get enough!

The labor process really couldn't have gone better. I was induced and went into the hospital on Sunday night at 8:30pm. We started the process around 10:00 and by midnight the nurse came in to check on me and told me that my contractions were 2 minutes apart. I hadn't even really felt them yet so was pretty surprised that things were progressing as they were. Well, after she left I started to be able to feel them. I could stand it for about 2 hours but then asked for the epidural. What a smart decision for me! After that, everything went great and I didn't feel a thing. We had absolutely amazing nurses and doctors. We couldn't have been more pleased with everything.
Welcome to the world Baby Luke. We love you so much!




1 comment: