Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Birthday at the zoo

The Tuesday after the balloon party, the whole family went to the Denver zoo. The goal was to see all of the animals but I would say that a good 50% of them were no where to be seen. We found out at the end that it was too hot and they had all chosen to go inside where it was cooler. I guess the competition of the Omaha zoo vs the Denver zoo had an obvious winner. Hopefully, once the new Asia exhibit opens it will be much better. That and we won't go when it's 95 degrees.





Every time we go to the Doctor, the first thing he mentions is putting sun screen on him. So, I've sort of become anal about making sure that all of his skin is covered and that he's always wearing hat. The overly hot day at the zoo was no different. Unfortunately, Luke rubbed some off the back of his hands into his eyes. I guess the super gentle baby sunscreen doesn't do ANYTHING! Lesson learned...



No comments:

Post a Comment