Our little angel, Luke, turned 1 on July 26th! Everyone says it but I can't believe that a year has already gone by. We have so many extraordinary memories with him and I know that we've just begun. I could not ask for a more perfect boy. He brings so much joy to everyone he meets and those curls are to die for! Watch out ladies... his personality is even cuter then his smile... if that's even possible!!! We love you, Luke!








We had an open house the Sunday before his birthday with friends and family to help celebrate his milestone. It was a lot of work but we had a ton of help and everything turned out great. Luke was a little shy around so many people at one time so there was a lot of snuggle time. I can't wait to show him these pictures when he's older!
Luke is so lucky that his family came into town to celebrate with him (an all weekend celebration!). He was surrounded by so much love. We are so fortunate to have such amazing people in our lives.
Emily and Ryan were a huge help... especially with the desserts. We had our first (impromptu) sleep over the night before the party which turned out to be a GREAT decision! They were ready to get started at 7:00am!
My Mom helped decorate before everyone came in town and sewed the Happy Birthday and the Luke bunting. They were so perfect and reusable!! I love that we'll always have them.
Bobby was in charge of the outdoors area and making the meats. Pulled pork and bbq brisket sandwiches. Both were a hit and were gone by the end of the day.
My Dad ran a last minute emergency errand to get another small helium tank. I used so much of it to blow up a large balloon for his 1 year pictures that we only had enough for 10 balloons... and you can't have a balloon party with 10 balloons! Dad, Ryan and Emily took care of the blowing them all up and distributing them everywhere. I wish I had a picture of them doing this. It was hilarious-- just picture my Dad blowing them and tying them quicker then E and R could put the ribbon on. There were a few on the ceiling that needed to be rescued. :)
Chris, Lacey, Mom, and Elise all made the sides which was a HUGE help. They were all a hit too and were gone before the party was over.
Dessert was skittles and m&m's (they look like balloons, right??)...balloon sugar cookies, ice cream cone cupcakes, cookie dough truffles on a stick, melon kabobs, cheesecake stuffed strawberries and chocolate hi-hat cupcakes. Sugar OVERLOAD!

Looks like it was a great party!
ReplyDelete