We've experienced some changes around here... they may sound small but they were a big shift to the 3 of us.
No more sack.
Luke has only slept in 3 things since he's been born. He's never worn pajamas.
1) Swaddle blanket- In the very beginning.
3) The Sack, otherwise known as the wearable blanket. He's been in this ever since. He LOVES his sack. He kicks with excitement as soon as his legs are in and then starts sucking on the top part. It's just like his security blanket I suppose. The top part is so nasty. All the washing and soaking can't touch the damage that he's done to them. He had grown out of the medium size and we had to decide whether or not to buy new large ones or to finally try big boy pajamas. Bobby fought me on it since he loved it so much but I just kept thinking about the longer that we waited, the worse it would be. I didn't want to have to start sewing them myself! So... I decided to try it out when Bobby was at the Rockies game. If it didn't work, it didn't work. Well again, Luke's teaching us not to worry. He was fine! He talked a bit more than normal but fell asleep and didn't wake up until the morning. I think that he misses it sometimes but it's for the better. He can stand up easier in his crib and he doesn't trip over it while trying to crawl. He looks pretty stylin' in his dinosaur pj's too.
No more bottle.
I knew the Dr. was going to ask if Luke still used his bottle at his 1-year appointment. We had introduced the sippy cup during the day but hadn't really enforced it. I think that he loves his bottle even more than his sack. The second he saw it he would start to make whimpering noise in excitement. He never cared what temperature it was, JUST GIVE IT TO ME! It took us 5 tries to find a glass that he would really drink his milk out of. Once we did, we just took the bottle out cold turkey. I think he was a bit confused but thankfully he never really looked for it or cried for it. His drinking schedule has totally changed with hardly any milk before he goes to bed and more when he's awake and during eating time. Quite an adjustment for all of us. Bedtime isn't a 20 minute time now. Once the lights are out, he's down in probably 5. Good and hard all at the same time. I miss just looking at him for that period of time.
Both are all a part of growing up though. I still can't believe that he's already 13 months old.
1-year stats:
Height:30.5 (75%)
Weight: 20 7# (25%)
Head: 48 (90%)
It's time to catch up on some pictures:
First road trip to Omaha and first time in the big boy seat.
Napping was a little rough since he wasn't quite sure how to relax but he's got it now.
New buggy birthday car.

I can't believe all the stuff he can do! They learn so much so fast!
ReplyDelete