Dear Luke,
I've been sitting here for 5 minutes wondering how to write this. It's hard to explain. I fell in love with you at first glimpse-when I first knew you were inside my tummy, when the first ultra sound introduced us, when my eyes met yours. You've shown me a whole new love, one that I didn't know existed. How can one little boy turn my world up-side-down? And... in just 1 year? It's easy see... we were meant for each other. I was made to be your Mama. You were made to be my sweet angel boy. You have made this experience more wonderful and exciting than I was every anticipating and looking forward to. You have taught me to trust both you and myself. That together as a team of 3, we can get through anything that is thrown at us. You challenge me everyday, challenge me to be a better Mama to you. Only because you deserve nothing but the best.
Every part of you melts me, melts my heart, over and over again. Those big blue eyes with the longest eye lashes that I've ever seen. I fear that you'll always be able to get away with anything you REALLY want if you just look at me that certain way. Those curly locks that have a mind of their own. I don't think that your beautiful head of hair could be any cuter. That smile. Oh that smile! There are so many layers to it and no single one can be cuter than the other. They just help your adorable personality shine through. That little belly. You've had it since the beginning. The unforgettable laugh. I try to record it as often as possible. Most anything will make you laugh but the best is when it is for no reason at all and we can keep it going for several minutes at a time. I like to think that it's just because you are so darn happy in this life of ours. That little tush. Oh how I love that little tush. Those little arms and how they reach out for me with both excitement and to make you feel better. Those legs and feeties and how they have always been busy-- it all started when you were in my tummy and wouldn't give my sides a break. I'm not surprised that you are a fast-paced little man. Your dancing skills are to die for. The dance floor is going to have a hard time keeping up. All in all, it's YOU, the whole package that I am so in love with.
Thank you for being you. Thank you for being mine. Thank you for the best year of my life so far. I look forward to what comes next for our little family. Happy 1st Birthday, angel. I look forward to showing you the 3,000+ photos and videos that I have taken so far... that's not even including what our family and friends have. What can I say... I don't want to miss a thing and when I'm old and without a memory, I'll have them to remind me of how great of a journey this has been.
Love,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment