Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

18 months and picture catch-up





Holy cow. Luke is 18 months old. A year and a half? Oh geez... of course, it's going by too quickly. At times I feel a teeny bit frustrated that it's so quick. As a result, I'm constantly reminding myself to take mental notes and videos of the special moments. Slow down my little man, slow down!!!

Likes
Splish-splash
Being outside
Playing at the park
Being pushed in his buggyaround the basement
Anything with wheels- fire truck, cars, trains
Giving hugs and kisses
Going through the bridge (our legs)
Using his fork
Feeding the dog when he's done eating (we're working on this one)
Playing, snuggling, hugging Bama
Sitting with Daddy at his desk and pressing the print button over and over again
Always have to have music on
Climbing
Snuggling
Dancing
Running
Bananas
Chicken
Red Peppers
Ham
Strawberries (usually)
Any kind of pasta
Pickles
Green beans
Cheese
Yogurt (feeding himself)
Milk



Dislikes
Leaving the park
Sitting still during church
Hamburger
Hashbrowns

We are having more and more fun these days. Just tonight while I was changing him into his pj's, I had him laughing so hard that is face was turning red and he was crying... and it wasn't from tickles either! He is still such a busy boy. Not keeping to one toy for too long but almost always wanting the same book read 3 times in a row before moving to a new one. He's definitely all boy. Everything gets thrown around but I guess that's why toys are made to last. There's only one truck that no longer makes noises. He is still such a snuggler/hugger/lover. He often likes to be held and lets you know it. He LOVES to dance. His favorite singers are The Head and the Heart and Katy Perry (we try to give him a variety... thank goodness for Pandora). Whenever he hears 3 specific songs he always wants to dance. We has a voice and knows to tell us what he wants and needs even though he isn't talking with words yet. Bobby and I have both learned how to deal with his little tantrums and can usually make them end fairly quickly. They aren't too often but they are a bit ugly!

I think that there has only been 1 night (not counting if I have been out of town) since we brought Luke home that I haven't gone into his room as the last thing that I do before I go to bed. I place my hand on his chest or back and thank him for being in my life and tell him just how much I love him. Everyone says that you never know how much you can love another person until after you have kids. Before you have kids, you think that the person who told you that is just saying it and hasn't felt what you've felt :) Well, it's true. You're all right. I love this kid more than I thought was humanly possible.

We had a last minute mini-photo shoot to make sure we had enough "18-month" pics. It was a bit windy but they turned out pretty well. We had to hit the park since that is his favorite thing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment